Majors Welcome: Biology
Thursday, August 19, 2021
9:30- 11:50 a.m.
Georgian Room B, Student Union Building
- Welcoming remarks from Dr. Stephen Hudman and Dr. Tim Walston.
- Enjoy light refreshments and conversation with Biology faculty, staff and students.
- Faculty/Staff introductions
- In small, faculty-led groups, students will walk to Magruder Hall for a brief tour of the facilities, classrooms, greenhouse, and herpetarium.
Information Sessions: There are two information sessions; each will be repeated 4 times. Start times are 10:45, 11:00, 11:15, and 11:30. Each session begins with a brief presentation followed by Q & A.
- MG2001–Introductory biology courses, TRU 112 (Self and Society), and biology curriculum.
- MG2012–Research opportunities, departmental seminar series and pre-MAE program.
Student Organization Open House:
- MG 2018 and 2034 – Visit each room to meet leaders of student organizations that might be of interest to a Biology major. These include pre-professional organizations, such as AMSA, Pre-SOMA, GlobeMed, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Genetic Counseling, Pre-Dental, and Pre-Vet) and others, such as Biochemistry & Microbiology, Tri-Beta, Eco, PLANTS! and the Wildlife Association. There will be sign-up sheets at each table if you want to receive additional information about the organization via email.